The activities of the consulting club were kick started with the formation of the club and election of office bearers. The class of 2007 has diverse set of individuals with their unique strengths and a stellar set of achievements. The profile and expertise of students is reflected in the consulting club as well.
For details about class of 2007 please click here.
The consulting club at the ISB is driven by the following objectives:
- To equip the students with the tools and resources necessary for careers in the consulting domain.
- To create a forum for information exchange among the industry and students.
Following is a snapshot data about the student members of the club:
Number of members: More than 250
Average work experience: 4.5 years
Areas of prior consulting experience:
Management consulting, risk advisory, process / operations consulting, IT consulting, benchmarking advisory.
Club members with consulting experience have previously worked at: (Illustrative only)
KPMG, Ernst & Young, PriceWaterhouse Coopers, Deloitte
Consulting, Ma Foi Management Consultants, Best Practices LLC, IBM, A.F. Ferguson
Club members with domain expertise have previously worked at: (Illustrative Only)
Infosys, TCS, Tata Motors, ICICI Bank, Maruti Udyog, CNBC, Siemens, NCDEX,
Wipro, Microsoft, Progeon, Marico, Evalueserve.com, Thomson Financial
The range of activities planned by the club in the current year includes:
- Facilitating forums such as internal speaker series, knowledge sharing sessions, and industry focus groups ensure the dissemination of knowledge amongst the students.
- The club plans to organise various speaker series’, interactions and workshops with executives from various companies and industries. This would facilitate an environment for knowledge sharing and growth. Interactions with the industry shall widen the students’ knowledge base and enhance their ability to respond to “real world” situations.
- The club plans to organize a plethora of events that prepare students for a career in consulting. These include facilitation of focus groups for case study discussions, groups for discussing the latest trends in industries, conducting mock interviews and regular interactions with consulting firms.
We at the consulting club would like to thank all alumni for all the support rendered to us so far and hope to having many more interactive sessions in the future.
A special thanks to Yashraj ( Class of 2006) for helping us reactivate this blog. This blog would contain updates about the activities of the club and all other material relevant to the Consulting world, Industry insights and preparation for Management Consulting careers.
Any further queries about the club may be addressed to the Club President Akshit Shah at Akshit_Shah@pgp2007.isb.edu